When the sun goes down, it’s time to turn your exterior landscape lighting on! Outdoor landscape lights allow your property to glow through the night, while also adding both curb appeal and safety features. Check out these landscape lighting benefits, ideas + hacks!
Outdoor Lighting Benefits
Whether you live in a house, condo, or own a business – your outdoor lighting provides just as many benefits as your indoor lighting!
- Creates an inviting atmosphere to your property
- Highlights interesting landscape and architectural features
- Helps create defined seating and entertaining areas
- Enables outdoor grilling for dinner
- Provides security to deter unwanted wildlife
- Increases the value of your property
Types of Outdoor Lighting Fixtures
With so many lighting options to pick from, here are a few of the easiest light additions that will immediately transform your outdoor space!
- Fire Pits add both warmth and light, a fun place for guests to gather!
- Tiki Torches are an easy and fun way to add light where there are no outlets
- String Lights add a whimsical vibe to any space!
- Spotlights will highlight different features of your outdoor space
- Step Lights add indirect lighting to stairways for added safety
Landscape Lighting Hacks + Tips
- Before light shopping – take note of your available exterior outlets, this allows you to make informed lighting decisions that will best fit your property!
- Pick appropriate features to match and highlight your exterior – you want people noticing your well-lit property – not necessarily the lights that are doing all the work!
- Less is more! Nobody wants to feel like they are under a spotlight on stage when enjoying an outdoor space, some gentle lights to guide pathways and highlight features will do the trick without overwhelming your guests!
No matter the size of your residential or commercial property, Four Seasons Landscape Management can develop and install landscape lighting that optimizes functionality and maximizes all your outdoor living spaces.
Our professional crew holds a Kichler Landscaping Lighting certification. We have the training, skill, and experience needed to create an outdoor lighting plan that increases both the ambiance and functionality of your living spaces.
Find more outdoor landscape lighting tips on our blog here!