Hello, September! Summer is just about to slip away, which means it’s time to knock out that garden and landscaping prep before winter hits.
Here are our 10 gardening reminders that are a must to check off of the to-do list if you want to ensure a green, luscious, and bountiful garden next season!
- Plant Bulbs: Now is the time to get your spring-flowering bulbs planted, you’ll be glad you did come springtime when they are blooming!
- Winterizing Irrigation: Irrigation winterization plays a key role in maintaining the operational health and longevity of your lawn sprinklers. Make sure to schedule an irrigation shut down with your local landscaping company as soon as possible!
- Bring House Plant Inside: It only takes one frost to destroy your house plants that have been vacationing outside during the warmer weather – consider this your reminder that it’s time to bring them inside.
- Dry and Preserve Flowers: Pick your favorite colorful flowers to dry and press to make for beautiful dried arrangements that will last you forever!
- Trim Trees and Shrubs: Fall pruning and trimming are essential to preparing your landscape for winter. Pruning stimulates growth, prevents disease, and reinforces the sustainable health of your property’s larger plantings.
- Pickle, Can, and Jam Vegetables and Fruit: It’s time to harvest and preserve the bounty of your garden so that it can be enjoyed all winter long!
- Plant and Fertilize Trees and Shrubs: September is the perfect time to plant additional trees and shrubs to your landscape! Your trees and shrubs will also experience an autumn growth spurt, making a fall fertilization service critical. Our team of landscape professionals applies stimulate soil nutrients to fortify your planting before winter.
- Deep Clean Beds: Removing rotting leaves, vines, or other diseased foliage will help to prevent insects and diseases from affecting your garden next year. Hire a landscaping team to ensure your fall clean up is done thoroughly and effectively.
- Winterize Your Lawn: September is the perfect time to give your lawn some much needed TLC to ensure a thick, green lawn next year – with seeding, aeration, dethatching, and fertilizing.
- Plan For Spring: What do you want your landscape to offer next year? Fall is the perfect time to plan, install, and prep your yard for a successful, lush, and green spring. This goes for your lawn, your landscaping, garden, and shrubs!
These 10 gardening reminders will have your landscaping looking great this fall. Four Seasons Landscape Management is your one-stop-shop for all of your fall landscape prep questions, advice, full-service landscaping maintenance, and landscape management needs.
We have been in operation since 2005 and proudly service Louisville, KY and the surrounding areas. Whether you are a homeowner, neighborhood HOA, or business owner, you can trust your landscape with Four Seasons Landscape Management for quality professional landscape care.