Even though winter isn’t over, there is still plenty of landscaping and yard work you can get done in February. February is all about prepping and planning ahead for spring which is just around the corner! In these chilly February months, here are some landscaping projects you can tackle to keep you busy until the snow starts to melt and the ground begins to thaw.
Give yourself the gift of your dream outdoor space this spring, and start with these projects recommended by our professional landscaping team.
February Landscaping Projects
- Take Inventory – Take time to examine your yard work equipment. Now is the time to clean, replace, or repair any tools, equipment, or patio furniture so that everything will be ready to go come spring. Take inventory of what you wish to grow this year and order your seeds and bulbs ahead of time.
- Inspect Your Property – With your winter downtime, take the time to thoroughly inspect your property. Check the condition of your hardscaping, garden beds, fence posts, outdoor lighting, and other outdoor elements. This will give you a better idea of what needs attention before the weather warms up.
- Complete Maintenance – After inspecting your property, be sure to tackle as much maintenance as you can. This will allow you to focus on healthy and full grass, plant, and shrub growth around your outdoor space this season.
- Tackle Groundskeeping – First, remove any dead plants or weeds in your garden regions and your overall landscape. Next, clean out the ashes from your firepit. Then remove any trees or shrubs that have fallen due to winter snow and wind. Lastly, plants and vegetables that have been uprooted or wilted by frost or heavy rain should be removed.
- Schedule Services – The best time to schedule your professional landscaping services for spring is now! Schedule your spring clean-up, irrigation start-up, mowing, and more with your local professional landscaping team before they get booked up come the busy season!
- Plan Ahead – Now is the time to plan out your dream outdoor space! Take some time to visualize what you want your yard to look like in the warmer seasons. What flowers do you want, what hardscaping do you wish for, and what does your dream entertainment space look like? Visualizing these things and planning ahead will help you build a landscaping plan. Professional landscapers are always happy to help with landscape design and planning!
Our expert landscaping team has you covered with all the services you need to tackle this February, or any other time of the year, in order for your dream outdoor space to become a reality. In Goshen, Prospect, and other surrounding Louisville areas, the best lawn care company to call to keep your lawn as beautiful as it can be is Four Seasons Landscape Management. Book online with us today here to receive your complimentary landscape consultation!