Winter can leave Kentucky residents feeling a bit cooped up, luckily Louisville is surrounded by hikes that are winter-friendly for hikers! Bundle up, pack an extra pair of socks, grab some hand warmers and explore these winter-friendly hikes around Louisville, KY!
- Wild Hyacinth Trail – 2-mile loop that is friendly for all levels of hikers!
- Taylorsville Lake Trail – 4.5-mile loop near Mt. Eden that leads to a scenic lake.
- Scott’s Gap Loop – Dog-friendly and just over 3 miles long.
- Cherokee Park Trail – 2.4-mile loop just 10 minutes from downtown Louisville!
- Limestone Gorge Loop – Just over a 1-mile loop for moderate hikers.
- Red Trail – Just 30-minutes from downtown, this 4.8-mile hike is a workout!
- Mitchell Lake Loop – A moderate 1.5-mile hike.
- Boones Bottom Trail – Enjoy a hike along the river on this 1.1-mile trail!
If you’re up for a day or weekend-long trip, check out some of these gorgeous bonus hikes around the beautiful state of Kentucky:
- The Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area
- Nolin Lake
- Kenlake State Resort Park
- Natural Bridge State Resort Park
- General Butler State Resort Park
Before you leave to hike, always remember to wear and bring the appropriate gear, check weather and trail conditions before beginning the hike, and most importantly always tell a friend where you will be hiking.
At Four Seasons Landscape Management, we believe that the great outdoors should be enjoyed all year long! When you aren’t spending time enjoying your very own outdoor space, exploring hikes around Louisville is the perfect way to cure the winter blues. Our home state of Kentucky offers so much to explore in the outdoors, get out there and enjoy – happy trails!