Fall has officially arrived which means your lawn needs some fall lawn care TLC as soon as possible before the colder months hit! When you’ve taken the steps to have your lawn properly winterized, you can rest assured that your lawn will be in tip-top shape once the ground thaws and the weather warms up.
When it comes to fall lawn care, we have you covered – here are our top 10 professional fall lawn care tips to achieve a thick and green lawn come springtime!
- Keep Mowing: As winter approaches, drop your mowers blade to a lower setting for a shorter cut to allow the sun to reach your grass easier.
- Irrigation Winterization: Maintaining your irrigation system before winter hits is critical to the long-term health of your lawn and the longevity of your sprinkler system.
- Aerate Your Lawn: Due to gravity and the pressure of weight on your lawn, the soil becomes impacted over time which can lead to foliage growth issues. Aeration allows air, water, and nutrients to penetrate the soil deeper and more effectively.
- Fall Cleanup: The key to a successful spring growing season is a thorough fall cleanup!
- Weed Control: Weeds are more responsive to weed killer late in the growing season, take advantage of this and get a head start on stopping weeds before they begin next season.
- Fertilize: Your lawn needs the vital nutrients supplied to provide the energy required to begin its fall recovery once the cooler temperatures arrive.
- Over-Seed: Overseeding will introduce new grass seed to fill in thinning areas and thicken existing turf. A thick lawn will deter future weeds from germinating, leading to fewer weeds and thicker grass come spring.
- Trim Foliage: Fall pruning and trimming are essential to preparing your landscape for winter. This maintenance will enhance the safety of your yard for heavy snow and will give your plants the jumpstart they need to thrive after a long winter.
- Lawn Tool Maintenance: Before stowing your lawn tools away for the inter, make sure to properly prep them for storage to prevent any rust or damage over the winter months.
- Schedule Winter Snow Removal: It’s best to schedule professional snow removal services before the snow begins to fly, you’ll be glad you did come the first big snow dump of the season!
To get your lawn professionally prepped for the colder months, contact Four Seasons Landscape Management. Our team is made up of landscaping experts that are certified to keep your lawn in professional-grade shape throughout the year.
We are a locally owned and operated landscaping company proudly servicing Louisville, KY, and the surrounding areas since 2005. Book with us online today here, or call us at 502-265-6754, to get started on your winter lawncare prep today!