Spring is the season of growth! While this time of year is long-awaited to grow all of your favorite plants, flowers, and veggies – it’s also the window for weeds to make their uninvited appearance. Our team of professional landscapers has gathered together our top 10 tips on how to control the weeds in your yard this spring.
Here’s how to control weeds in your yard this season with these tips:
- Identify the weed. It’s important to know what weed you’re up against so you can take the best course of action for control. Types of weeds include; broadleaf, perennial grassy, and annual grassy.
- Crabgrass preventer. Apply a crabgrass pre-emergence preventer between the first and third mow of the spring.
- Feed regularly. A thick and healthy lawn is less welcoming to weeds, keep your lawn nourished with regular feeding to promote thick grass.
- Water deeply. Watering deeply helps the roots of your lawn to grow deeper so that your roots can better compete with weeds.
- Mulch. A layer of mulch over your garden soil will overpower and inhibit weed growth.
- Crowding. Weeds need space to grow, you can crowd out weeds with thick groundcover.
- Weed control application. An evenly applied weed control application is sure to fend off weeds throughout the growing season.
- Turn to the professionals. Our team has a 7 step lawn care fertilization and weed control program that is sure to leave you with a thick, green, and healthy lawn!
From full-service landscape maintenance to weed control, our expert team has you covered with all the services you need for thick and healthy green grass. In Goshen, Prospect, and other surrounding Louisville areas, the best lawn care company to call to keep your lawn as beautiful as it can be is Four Seasons Landscape Management. Book online with us today here to receive your complimentary landscape consultation!