The Derby is an exciting time in Louisville, Kentucky!
Louisville becomes home to many family-friendly events leading up to the two most exciting minutes in sports annually at the Kentucky Derby! The city is bustling with events, and we’ve narrowed down some of our all-time favorite Kentucky Derby Festival Activities (KDF) around the city. On your marks, get set, go!
- Dawn at the Downs – Watch the horses workout at Churchill Downs for free! Open to the public daily from 7 AM – 10 AM now through May 4th.
- Kroger’s Fest-A-Ville – Now through May 6th, enjoy rides, live music, food, games, drinks, and more at Fest-A-Ville! All ages welcome.
- Chow Wagon Kickball Showdown – Held May 3rd at 5:30, everyone can get in on a game of kickball!
- HappyTail Hour – On May 3rd at Waterfront Park, enjoy a pet-friendly happy hour!
- The Great Steamboat Race – A KDF tradition since 1963! Held May 4th on the Ohio River, 3 vessels will race to the finish at The Wharf.
- Derby Festival Day – On May 5th at Churchill Downs, enjoy a day at the races with the Kentucky Derby Festival!
- Taste of Derby – Held May 5th, enjoy a night full of delicious cuisine and drink pairings, Derby Style.
- 2022 Kentucky Derby – It’s race time – enjoy the 148th running of the Kentucky Derby!
- Family Adventure Day – The events don’t end when the Derby is over! On June 5th, bring the family to Churchill Downs for a day of racing and family activities including inflatables, a petting zoo, stick horse races, face painting, and more!
We Hope You Enjoy Your Kentucky Derby Festival Activities
Our Four Seasons Landscape Management team loves this time of year in Kentucky, where friends and family gather to enjoy exciting events outdoors. Keep in mind that the best Derby watch parties can be hosted in your very own backyard! Happy Derby Day!
If you have any landscaping or lawn care needs, get in touch with Four Seasons Landscape Management today.