Lush lawn season is here! Watering your lawn properly is an essential part of keeping your lawn green, thick, and happy. We’re here to share our quick top tips on how to water your lawn like a lawn care pro this season! Follow these steps for a perfectly hydrated lawn:
How to Water Your Lawn for the Best Results
- Watering before 10 AM is the best time to water!
- If you have to water in the evening, aim to water between 4 PM and 6 PM.
- If your lawn appears dull, it’s communicating to you that it needs water.
- Most lawns need 1 to 1.5 inches of water per week (either from rain or watering).
- Measure your water! Place bowls around your yard and water your lawn, next measure how long it takes you to collect 1 to 1.5 inches of water. This will give you your average watering time.
- It’s best to water in one single watering or two shorter waterings per week.
- Don’t overwater! If you notice puddling occurring, water in shorter cycles to allow time for lawn absorption.
- Set it and forget it by investing in a water timer!
- Invest in a professional irrigation system – providing maximum results!
A functioning irrigation system plays a crucial role in maintaining the health and beauty of any residential or commercial property. An effective water system doesn’t just improve the look of your grass; it also increases the strength of the soil, roots, and grass with long-term, sustainable results.
Our irrigation maintenance capabilities take the guesswork out of running your sprinklers. Our maintenance program offers start-up, upkeep, and winterization services to keep your system running properly and doing its job throughout every season of the year. Four Seasons Landscape Management team of lawn care and landscape professionals partners with you to develop a customized irrigation and sprinkler maintenance strategy for effectively and efficiently watering your Louisville home or business property.
Contact us today for a free estimate, you can schedule your complimentary consultation online today!