Tis’ the season…for football that is! Nothing welcomes the crisp fall season like the kick-off of the NFL season. You don’t need to go to a game or to a sports bar to enjoy the atmosphere of watching football outside, you can bring football into your very own football season outdoor space.
The NFL season officially kicked off on September 8th and we’re here to break down how to create the ultimate outdoor space for football season. Ready, set, hike!
- Fire up the grill! The end of summer doesn’t mean the end of grilling season. If you already have your grill set up from the summer then you are ahead of the game, if not – it’s time to roll out your grill for fall.
- Curl up around the firepit. Night falls faster in the cooler months, and you also never want to miss a night game. A fire pit is the perfect entertainment spot to keep warm while watching the game. If you don’t have a fire pit, hardscaping in your yard will get the job done quickly and easily!
- Hook up a TV. It’s important to place or mount your TV under a well-shaded area so that you can see the TV on a sunny day. You can also look into inflatable screens and projectors for night games!
- Install outdoor lighting. When spending time outside in the dimmer seasons, it’s crucial to have proper outdoor lighting installed to highlight walkways, distinguish entertainment areas, create ambiance, increase safety, and more.
- Provide plenty of seating. Watching football is all about relaxation! With some landscape design and hardscaping, you’ll be sure to have an adequate amount of seating for everyone coming over to cheer on your favorite team.
- Shade is a must! It’s important to be comfortable when spending time outside. Shade is a must to keep the light out of your eyes while watching the game. The shade will also keep you cool on warmer fall days, and make the TV easier to view.
- Control the bugs. Nobody wants to be bothered by bugs while enjoying a relaxing Sunday watching football! Have your outdoor space professionally treated for bug control prior to the first kickoff of the season.
- Provide yard games. During commercial breaks or in between games, you can play games yourself! Keep the entertainment going with cornhole, Spikeball, giant Jenga, croquet, and more!
- Install surround sound. To really go the extra mile and provide the ultimate NFL-watching atmosphere, install surround sound in your yard. Even when you aren’t watching the screen while you’re tending the grill or playing yard games, you’ll never miss a play!
- Snack and refreshment time! Make sure to stock up on plenty of snacks and drinks before kickoff. Keeping a cooler outside filled with refreshments will make for fewer trips inside!
This fall is all about ‘Sunday, Sunday, Sunday’ spent with friends and family, and you deserve to enjoy the NFL season in the comfort of your very own backyard. The Four Seasons Landscape Management team is standing by and ready to help bring your NFL entertainment into your very own Louisville, Kentucky outdoor space. Schedule a free landscaping consultation online today here!