Ready or not, the seasons are changing! Is your lawn ready? Our team of landscaping professionals has rounded up our most important tasks to check off of the to-do list as the seasons change from summer to fall.
Here is your ultimate landscaping guide and fall landscaping checklist:
- Fall clean-up: Make sure to do a thorough clean-out of all leaves and debris in your mulch beds and yard. A fall clean-up can be overwhelming, and it may be best to hire the help of a professional landscaping team.
- Trim rogue branches: To prevent dangerous branches from breaking and falling during the heavy winter snows, now is the time to cut back branches.
- Clean out gutters: Some fall cleanup needs to happen on the house! Make sure your gutters are clean of debris and have proper drainage.
- Aerate: Your lawn’s roots will need nutrients over the colder months, breaking up the soil will prevent pooling and help nutrients to reach the deep roots.
- Feed the lawn: Add fertilizer to feed your lawn for the fall and winter to help encourage thick and green growth come springtime!
- Prune trees and shrubs: Now is the perfect time to trim back any overgrown trees and shrubs in your yard.
- Protect plants: Now is the time to protect any cold-sensitive plants with extra mulch and cloth barriers.
- Plant fall annuals: Many plants do best when planted in the fall! Now is the time to plant new shrubs, or bulbs that you’d love to see bloom in the spring.
- Clean and store tools: Take extra time to give your tools a thorough cleaning before storing them away for the winter. This will extend the life of your tools!
- Power wash deck: Prevent the risk of mold or mildew growth with a thorough deck cleaning.
When it comes to the future health of your lawn and outdoor space, it’s critical to take preventative steps to ensure that you’ll have a lush and green lawn year after year. If you feel like you need help tackling your fall landscaping to-do list, our team of professionals has been providing quality professional landscape care since 2005 and are ready to help.
Four Seasons Landscape Management proudly services the surrounding areas of Louisville, KY. Schedule your completely complimentary landscaping consultation today online today here! The future of your lawn depends on proper care every season.