It’s that time of the year for our favorite summer send-off holiday, Labor Day! It’s time to squeeze every last bit out of the end of summer 2022 with a 3-day weekend spent around action-packed Louisville, KY!
We’ve rounded up the local events we’re the most excited about this year. Mark your calendar because you won’t want to miss these upcoming events that are fun for the whole family! Here is what to do in Louisville for Labor Day weekend.
- 20th Anniversary WorldFest 2022 – See the world over Labor Day weekend, without ever leaving the city! Held from Sept 2nd – 5th, this is Lousiville’s premier international festival offering a wide diversity of food, music, arts, and more from around the world!
- Mayor’s Hike, Bike, and Paddle – Thousands of cyclists, paddlers, and walkers will be on the move again at this year’s Mayor’s Hike, Bike & Paddle! Held on Monday, September 5th at 8 AM as it returns for another Labor Day at Waterfront Park.
- Swing Street Band – Enjoy a night of big band swing and jazz music while overlooking the scenic Ohio River. The 17-piece band includes some of the very best players in the area! Tickets are $15.00 and include a sumptuous buffet! Catch the music on September 5th from 6:30 to 8:30 at Kingfish Restaurant.
- Plant Swap – On September 5th at Hi-Wire Brewing from 6:30 PM to 10 PM, you can swap succulents and clippings, share tips and tricks, trade tools and planters, and spill the plant deals spotted around town at their monthly plant swap!
- Kentucky Flea Market Spectacular – From September 2nd to the 5th is one of Louisville’s finest flea markets with dealers from across the nation selling jewelry, antiques, surplus, clothes, bath & body, crafts, and more! Over 800 booths at the Kentucky Expo Center.
- Kentuckiana’s Largest Outdoor Vintage Market – The Fleur De Flea Outdoor curated vintage market returns on September 3rd, Labor Day weekend. Come check out over 150 vendors selling antiques, vintage, funk, junk, collectibles, vintage clothes, handmade, repurposed, flowers, pumpkins, vegetables and so much more! Free admission, family-friendly, and pet-friendly – held at the Waterfront Park Plaza.
- IncrediBUGS – Stop by the Louisville Zoo now through September 18th to check out the seasonal exhibit that features 19 larger-than-life animatronic insects. A fun learning experience for the whole family!
- Labor Day Eve Mash & Bash – After the Louisville Bats game, stick around for the Mash & Bash on Labor Day Eve! Enjoy a huge postgame fireworks show and $4 Evan Williams bourbon flights at Slugger Field.
- Historic Louisville Narrated Cruise – Take a cruise up the Ohio River on the Belle of Louisville on September 5th at noon for a two-hour narrated journey to learn about the history of historic Louisville!
From our Four Seasons Landscape Management family to yours, happy Labor Day weekend! We encourage you to spend time and enjoy the weather while summertime lasts!