Want to learn how to naturally repel mosquitoes? The team at Four Seasons Landscape Management gets it – we know firsthand that nothing can ruin time spent outdoors like the threat of mosquitoes. Not only can mosquitoes make everyone uncomfortable (and itchy), they can actually pose a health risk to anyone outside on your property.
Check out these tips to use your very own landscaping to naturally repel mosquitoes:
- Cedar Mulch: The natural scent of cedar has long been used to repel mosquitoes.
- Geraniums and Marigolds: The light scent is a natural repellent.
- Remove Standing Water: Mosquitoes like to lay their eggs in stagnant water, more eggs means more mosquitoes! Keep an eye out for bird baths, kiddie pools, large puddles and other sources of stagnant water that can easily be drained or removed. If you have a pond or water feature, try adding circulators to your water features to prevent any stagnant water.
- Watch For Mud: Muddy puddles and tire tracks also make for mosquito breeding grounds, try to dry out these muddy areas – or lay stone over the muddy areas to eliminate access for mosquitoes.
- Plant Lemongrass: Lemongrass is an active ingredient in most bug sprays and citronellas candles – their scent is unattractive to bugs!
- Invite Mosquito Predators: If you don’t mind some critters on your property, try adding bat boxes and bird houses. Giving these mosquito predators a place to stay in your landscape will give you the upper hand with mosquito elimination!
- Keep Lawn and Weeds Mowed: When it’s hot outside, mosquitoes retreat to areas they can find shade, minimize their options by keeping your lawn and weeds mowed short.
At Four Seasons Landscape Management, we believe that a gorgeous yard means nothing if you can’t actively spend time outside enjoying time with friends and family. That’s why we offer extensive mosquito treatment services to help you take back your yard. Four Seasons Landscape Management offers skilled, trained, and experienced technicians who know how to effectively apply our mosquito spray treatments designed for your yard. If you live in the Louisville, KY area, contact us today to get started on mosquito control in your yard, simply book online with us today!